FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 policy
Thread: Covid-19 policy
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2020, 10:43 am
Newly Wed

Programs: BA Gold
Covid-19 policy

Apologies if I have missed it but I have looked to see if there is already a thread on this.

I do not understand that Hyatt Covid 19 policy changes that are shown on their website.

It says:

Existing reservations for upcoming travel through June 30, 2020

All existing reservations (booked April 1 or before) for arrivals through June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations.

I take this to mean that if I have an Advance Purchase Rate reservation before the end of June I can cancel my booking. However, it later says:

Existing Advance Purchase Rate non-refundable reservations for travel through June 2020

As announced earlier, special exceptions are in place for all Advance Purchase Rate non-refundable reservations made directly with Hyatt on or before March 8, 2020 for arrivals before June 30, 2020. Guests holding these fully prepaid reservations who have decided not to travel may still opt, at least 24 hours before their stay, to receive 10,000 World of Hyatt Bonus Points compensation in lieu of both their stay and the offer above (if eligible). World of Hyatt points may be used toward future travel at any of our 900+ hotels across 17 brands globally.

This suggests that I cannot cancel an Advance Purchase Rate reservation but can instead receive 10,000 points.

I am not particularly familiar with the Hyatt Brand but is there a difference between an Advance Purchase Rate reservation and an Advance Purchase Rate non-refundable reservation that would help make sense of these two apparently conflicting policies?

I made a pre-Covid Member Rate Advance Purchase reservation at Carmel Valley Ranch for late June. The cancellation policy states: FULL PREPAYMENT/NO REFUND/NO CHANGES. I am trying to figure out which part of the policy applies to my booking. I am a non-US citizen so there is a big question mark over whether I am able to travel (assuming the flight even operates).

Thanks for your help.