FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Passenger Facial Cover / Mask Use Policy 2020 (Inc. changes)
Old May 11, 2020, 9:00 am
FAA1996

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Are there any reports of AA providing masks for pax showing up without them?

Also, for those of you who have N95s, where are you getting them? I've found none for sale and the ones at my work are guarded just about as closely as the cash on hand.
I bought N95 masks back in February on ebay, boxes of 20 were about $30, unfortunately they are now either unavailable or 500-1000% more expensive. Wore them on my last flights in March, not bad for 3 or 4 hours but my face was pretty marked when I took it off. Only way I'll travel now is with an N95 on, with people not wanting to wear masks it's the only way to be protected on a flight, so in addition to many other things the availability of N95 masks will dictate when and how often I fly going forward.

ETA: make sure the masks you wear have the straps that go around your head if you want to protect yourself, otherwise they do not fit very well if using ear loops. Of course anything in front of your mouth and nose will protect others, but I think this is important if you are worried about protecting yourself from others.