FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old May 10, 2020, 1:39 pm
SkyTeam777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I've been on three flights since May 1. All were upgraded at my EXP window (the first flight on May 3, I was alone in F, second flight was 7/ 16 full, and the last flight was 5/ 12 full. All flights had row 1 blocked completely). The May 3 flight was not catered for alcohol, so I ordered an OJ by ringing the call button. Both more recent flights I had a glass of wine -- my second flight, the mainline FA did normal drinks passes through the cabin (no snack basket however). The last flight, last night, on Republic, the FA made an announcement "no service." She also spent much of the flight in 1-D with all the lights in the cabin turned off. I did ask her for a glass of wine about an hour into the flight, at a time when she was in the galley, and she gave me one in a plastic cup.
Im confused why if AA says there is service why some FAs are just sitting in pax seats/jump seats reading books. I get that social distancing is important, but if the service protocol for F is to serve drinks, then they should be doing that. The argument in the past for not doing service or not doing refills was because they are busy. I totally understand that people may be scared, but for an industry that is being bailed our by taxpayers and that could have jobs gutted in a few months...shouldn't crew be trying their best to fulfill the mandated standards by the airline for their job? There are many, many people that would love to have their job if they aren't interested or cannot physically/emotionally handle it.

It sounds like Eagle standards are different, and that should be conveyed in AA's consumer-facing messaging. If someone pays for F, they should be getting whatever is being promised in F during the pandemic.