FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus + NH
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2020, 7:23 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Backward
New topic related to a recent one on whether international transfers within the same Japanese airport are allowed (they are!):

Does anyone know if Japan's COVID-19 regulations allow international transfers between two airports in the same Japanese city for non-Japanese citizens?

For example, arriving in HND and departing from NRT within reasonable time (or vice-versa)? Both flights are on ANA and on the same ticket.

I understand this means entering Japan proper (clearning immigration and customs), which at present is prohibited for most non-Japanese citizens.

But since ANA is inexplicably operating flights to different parts of the world from/to both NRT and HND now, some international connections are dicey. For instance, I want to get from YYZ to SIN, but ANA's Europe/Canada-Japan flights stop in HND, while Japan-Southeast Asia flights depart from NRT. US-Japan flights stop in NRT, but Canada-US flights are unpredictable, or else the connection times are terrible.

I'm tweeting ANA about this but it's like pulling teeth to get a clear answer.
Going between Narita and Haneda or vice versa requires you to enter Japan, with all of the restrictions that are currently in place. There is a clause for making exceptions, though there are no specific examples given for what an exception could be. So I doubt moving from airport to airport is one.

The limitation is not on passport, but where you have been in the 14 days prior to wanting to entering Japan. Having been to 70 or so countries would restrict you from doing so. Interestingly, despite Mexico now being in a worse situation than some of these 70 when they were added, Mexico has not been added yet.

Japanese citizens having been to one of these 70 countries needs to await the result of a Covid-19 test upon arrival at the airport, and I would expect the same to apply to any exception cases, so the transit time would need to be a. It longer than normal, should an exception be applied. Which I still don't think it would.