FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will covid-19 kill some benefits
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2020, 3:15 am
Bouncingsouls

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by BadoRas
I intend to avoid J altogether while the long transition back to pre-COVID19 is happening. The F product is consistent at the moment across all EK beasts, accepting that the new F in 777s is marginally better. I have achieved an additional 50,000 tier miles this cycle with the platinum rollover benefit. Now all I have to hope for is Australia allowing overseas travel to recommence and also that my destinations allow me entry in time for me to take at least 2 trips in F to regain platinum by April 30 next year. F is definitely the way to travel at the moment to avoid the vagaries of J cabin quality as EK strives to maximise returns by using appropriate metal.

If I'm not able to travel, well c'est la vie. It's my 68th birthday today and I ain't taking any risks with that virus. With asthma and type 2 diabetes, I would be taking a huge risk by being cavalier about travel at the moment in the absence of any mitigating factors such as vaccines and medicines which are proven to reduce its severity.

I will be extremely happy to wait it out and put an extra lick of paint on the workshop weatherboards, and spend a bit more time in the factory. Luckily the business has not been impacted by coronavirus. We must relax and count our blessings at this time.

I'm pretty sure that life is not worth living when you're dead!
glas to hear your business hasn’t been impacted by the virus.