FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with a [Copa] cancelled reservation
Old May 7, 2020, 11:10 am
happychic

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by climmy
Thanks for your input Much appreciated. I can see already that it's going to be painful.

Cheapoair is pretty much totally inflexible and keep stating anything booked through them is 100% non-refundable. I've already applied for the refund from Copa as the flights simply no longer exist. After I get an e-mail back from them, I'll start in with cheapoair.

Candidly, if cheapo simply gave me a credit I would take it since I could re-book something on another airline.

My problem at present is cheapo will only let me re-book on Copa. That does me absolutely no good at all since the flights aren't there.

I used the "Affirm" payment method which is an option during checkout. Note I'm continuing to pay that "Pay over time" option. I think I'm about half way though

I suspect the reason why Cheapo insists on only rebooking you on Copa is because Copa generally refuses to refund. They only give airline voucher which expires end of next year IIRC. If Cheapo is not made whole by Copa, there is no way Cheapo will refund you.

You may want to try to get Copa to refund Cheapo for the cancelled flight first, then try to talk to someone at Cheapo who understands this and is in a position to authorize a refund to you. This doesn't sound easy and is generally a reason why many people don't prefer to book through OTA.

Which credit card did you use for this transaction?