FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with a [Copa] cancelled reservation
Old May 7, 2020, 8:46 am
climmy

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by happychic
DOT says that any airline operating on US soil has to give full refund if the airline were to cancel flights. Get Copa to refund to Cheapo, then you will have to get Cheapo to refund you.
I booked my Copa flights through Chase travel portal (serviced by Expedia). I had to open a DOT complaint and then tweeted at Copa before they would refund to Chase/Expedia. None of the phone reps were helpful.
Once Chase/Expedia got the refund from Copa, I got the Chase points back in my account automatically.

It was a frustrating process. I suspect you will have to follow up with Copa and then Cheapo. How did you pay Cheapo? If they got a refund from Copa and would not refund you, I suspect you may be able to follow up with your credit card company.

Good luck.
Thanks for your input Much appreciated. I can see already that it's going to be painful.

Cheapoair is pretty much totally inflexible and keep stating anything booked through them is 100% non-refundable. I've already applied for the refund from Copa as the flights simply no longer exist. After I get an e-mail back from them, I'll start in with cheapoair.

Candidly, if cheapo simply gave me a credit I would take it since I could re-book something on another airline.

My problem at present is cheapo will only let me re-book on Copa. That does me absolutely no good at all since the flights aren't there.

I used the "Affirm" payment method which is an option during checkout. Note I'm continuing to pay that "Pay over time" option. I think I'm about half way though