FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impossible to contact BA, should I sue instead?
Old May 7, 2020, 7:46 am
umgowah

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Impossible to contact BA, should I sue instead?

Hi all, I'm sure this is a variation on a familiar story for many, so if familiar and you have a suggestion, it would be welcome. I had a couple of redemption bookings for next month, LHR to JNB return in first, JNB to WDH return in club. Both two passengers, the long haul on a 2-4-1.
Given the uncertainties, I cancelled and, optimistically, rebooked for September. Of course the rebooking couldn't use the cash component of the prior tickets, so that was to be refunded and new payments made.
All avios and the 2-4-1 credited instantly. 2 weeks later and Amex had the refund on the WDH flight. a month plus on from that, and no sign of the cash component on the JNB flight - about £1,100 all in.
The BA recorded message just says that they aren't taking my call now, and I am starting to run out of patience. I'm thinking that the way forward is to get use the small claims court, since there is no other way to get BA's attention.
There must be a better (less nuclear) option. Any thoughts, or better yet positive advice?