FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 7, 2020, 4:27 am
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I remain convinced that BA is using this excuse to deliberately cull the numbers of Gold, SIlvers etc, and will remain this persuaded until I see some evidence to the contrary. Reducing the qualification is helpful, but not if people were about to do their travelling with the end of the Tier Year in sight.
I would say that them lowering the thresholds for qualification is certainly evidence that they are not necessarily trying to cull the numbers, Mrs Wilsnunn was never going to reach Silver, she was quite far off and had no intention of doing a TP run (she doesn't believe in them for herself when I already have status), but as a result of the lowered thresholds, she now has Silver until end of May 2021 and there will no doubt be many others in this situation.

I fully agree with you that the lowering of qualification threshold did not help those who did a majority of their travel towards the end of their year, however there has been quite a bit of evidence that BA have been renewing people on a discretionary basis too if they are in this situation, and one must also ask, what percentage of people do leave all of their travel until the final months of their year?

That said, I still do not have enough faith in BA to be confident that they are not planning on taking "advantage" of this horrible situation and completely overhauling the whole of BAEC as I said previously.