FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 7, 2020, 4:00 am
Confus

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Honey - I'm going on their track record. I don't think that they will cut benefits per se - I do suspect (I am choosing my words carefully) that they may be having a spring clean of the numbers in each tier. I have not a shred of evidence except for their deafening silence on the subject for weeks.
Agree entirely. It’s obvious they’ve been desperate to cull ‘cheapskate silver/golds’ (like me!) for a long time, and this is a perfect opportunity. The ‘big change’ that was planned for later this year clearly won’t be happening for now at least, so this is a cheap way of achieving the same aim. When it all comes out in the wash, I would expect (again purely speculation) them to offer - for example - corporates willing to commit to a certain volume of flying a pack of shiny cards to distribute to those who’ve lost status in the meantime. Targeted action, not blanket extensions. Sad (for me at least) but realistic, knowing BA.