FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 7, 2020, 3:04 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In common with many here, tomorrow is "Tier Points Day", when my 1,960 TPs vaporise and I start again. Gold is, of course, renewed for 2020/21, but what next in this strange new world?

Future holiday bookings for Calendar 2020 promised 1,100 TPs initially, with a further 600 TPs in the conceptual planning stage. But that has all stopped, starting with our already-cancelled MLA on Sunday and, of course, with more cancellations to come (IAD, ANU & CPT - all with closed Borders right now, and with no relaxations in prospect*). I cannot realistically expect any of the original 1,100 TPs actually being earned. So, where does BA's "bounteous" rule relaxation leave me, and many others? There will be 4 months of 2021 to earn 1,050 TPs? If any Borders have opened by then, of course! "Farewell Gold, Hello soft landing to Silver."

As the international COVID-19 border restrictions and other local measures continue unabated, BA's "offer" looks ever more meaningless. I earnestly hope, as do many here I'm sure, that BA will review this parlous and almost pointless TP requirement adjustment. Otherwise there's little point in loyally sticking to BA/OW. Is that what BA's loyalty scheme has become?

* For future trips, I'm reading the various countries Government websites, local Media and indeed using personal contacts to gain a credible perspective.