FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 6, 2020, 5:15 pm
TangoOneSeven

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Confus
Here’s a thought for all those getting angrier and angrier about a lack of ‘action’ from BA. Is it possible that all those who would actually be involved in making anything happen have been furloughed? And therefore are not around to do it? Exec Club is hardly crucial core activity during coronapanic times, is it?
[Runs and ducks for cover]
That is true. In my original post anyway I specifically made it clear that I knew BA had bigger issues to deal with and I get that and yes I know that there are a lot bigger issues going on right now, least of which is getting on a plane like you say. That said, it still comes down to basic customer service and that is where BA are failing with this. On the basis that the BAEC are presumably a significant portion of BA's revenue, BA presumably need to retain whatever business they can from members and get any forward bookings they can get from those members also - and so BA assuming the BAEC members who have not been given any indication of their status doing so is a pretty big assumption on BA's part.

I am not mandated to fly BA (or Oneworld for that matter) and I'm one data point (and I know BA wont care about me and that is fine, that is business) but my next booking will be on AA because I know they extended my status, and gave me a future travel credit and made requalification easier so I can easily get OW Emerald though them. Yes, I know there is the joint venture agreement, but the principle is I am actively choosing to overlook BA to go elsewhere and I know my colleagues and family are doing similar as are others in this very thread (seemingly).

The silence adds more weight to the argument they are using this as an opportunity to further devalue and strip back the BAEC, while they do the same to their workforce - the best part of BA.