FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2020, 11:58 am
JNelson113

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nomad420
I have a home and office in Hawaii (Kona) and unfortunately left just 48 hrs prior to setting the quarantine on the Islands. I knew it was coming but had to leave the islands briefly for family issues. While I tried to get back prior to setting the quarantine I could not make it within the given short time period. Prior to the quarantine the "Corona situation" was basically not an issue for those that lived there. My beach was open, shopping was easy, plenty of take-out available, and surfing/golf/ and even some tennis courts were open. So now if I return I have a strict two week quarantine which some said you can't even get food delivered to your home, this must be a mistake as you would then basically starve to death under quarantine. I am not willing to do that at this point and basically waiting in SF for the quarantine to be lifted and I will be on the first plane out! Originally the "rumor" was May 1 now it seems to be more like June 1, this is killing me in so many ways. If this isn't lifted soon my Hawaii operation will be out of business and will have close shop at a horrific financial loss to me after running a successful business for now 12 years in Hawaii.
I'm so sorry. I'm a business owner too so I get it. I hope that you are able to get back ASAP.