FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Or Request Refund
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2020, 1:53 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aswat300
I had booked a 241 LHR to BGI return in First for june - just received cancellation notification. When contacting Youfirst they said the following:

If we cancel the booking you can opt for a full refund which must be done through our call centres or you could accept the voucher by cancelling online. Once the voucher request is received this stops the option of a cash refund.

Your booking is based on Avios and AMEX 2-4-1 voucher so any new booking you make will be based on Avios availability. The tax element will be re-quoted with any difference payable. Your voucher would not permit booking of a commercially priced seat.

We have applied an expiration extension to the AMEX 2-4-1 voucher of 6 months from its current expiry date which takes it to 23 August 2021. You would have to book and fly the outbound leg before this date. No further extensions would be permitted.

Now forgive me if I am wrong i thought the 3 options were:

1. Take avios and cash refund - 241 voucher valid until 23 Aug 20201

2. Take voucher option - 241 voucher plus taxes paid valid until April 2022 (any bookings would pay differences in taxes/avios

3. Can book any flight LHR to BGI in same cabin within 1 year of my booking date (as per new updated policy) regardless of avios availability or not.

Is this the correct understanding - apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place or answered elsewhere already.
I think this post may help - it summarises your options https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32337156-post1899.html

One thing to note is as your flights are cancelled you can rebook for any dates within ticket validity and you do not need reward availability - this policy was changed last Tuesday - any space in the cabin will do. The bolded section is therefore wrong now.