FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impacts of UA's reduced schedule on Hawaiian travelers (CARES exemption granted)
Old May 4, 2020, 8:55 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by omsflyer
Thought I would update on my situation. UA has now somewhat put their new Hawaii schedule in place. However, when I look at "My Trips" it shows my original booking. Yet if I try to book the same trip it shows "no flights available" for the same dates. If I do a calendar search for any 7 days in June, the only date that pops up is in early June and shows a 2 stop trip via SFO and HNL using HA on the HNL - KOA legs - they also show only Y to SFO and HNL. With this info I called UA and was told that I could not get a refund as my flight was not cancelled. Go thru full explanation and told no. HUCA and same story x 2. Will continue to wait this out and get back with the final results.
Nothing to call or HUCA about.

If the flight is scheduled, you will not get a refund. If the flight is cancelled by UA (or substantially changed), you are entitled by law to have UA initiate a refund within 7 days of the request. There is absolutely no reason to deal with this until and unless the flight is cancelled or it is the day of travel and the flight remains scheduled. In the latter case, your option is to fly or take the credit.