FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any information on July/August travel to Ireland?
Old May 4, 2020, 4:34 am
DELLAS

Originally Posted by cesar4nier
Hello,

Im wondering if we’ll be allow to travel to Ireland in July/August? My wife is Irish, and our newborn is Irish/American, born in NYC. I am American, and I’m worried because we’re moving to Ireland either in July or August. Will there be any restrictions on traveling by then? I keep finding articles or youtube videos, which have me paranoid and freaked out on how traveling will change during the next few months. They keep mentioning digital thermometers and checking your blood in the airport in order to travel. I’m worried because I would not want them to cancel our flights, or stop us from flying when at the airport for whatever reason. Does anyone have any information ?
My wife got a remote job in Ireland and right now we’re packing to ship everything to Ireland. I also lost my job here due to the covid and don’t see how we’ll manage to survive here. We are excited to move to Ireland because of the space and freedom we will have when it comes to living in a house.
Being a relocation and having Irish roots via your Wife etc you should not have any issues. A few weeks before you can contact the Irish Embassy there who will give you any further details and precautions you need to take. Life here currently in Ireland is a lot easier compared to what other countries have had to endure. Its been a lockdown “light” so by then you will most likely have to take certain precautions but you will still have a lot of freedoms for shopping and leisure etc.. within the social distancing rules.