FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [SCANDAL] Lufthansa do not refund and reject CC chargeback!
Old May 2, 2020, 5:23 pm
Andaz

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Argentina announced no scheduled commercial flights allowed until September. Lufthansa is no longer selling seats before then, and has zeroed capacity in all fare classes - but crucially not cancelled the flights. Who knows if the flight ban will be extended, or shortened. If it IS extended through October, you'll be fine; a voucher will be on its way to you sometime in 2021

If Ukraine is shut down, then Lufthansa will not be operating to Kiev, so your trip will be cancelled and you will be off the hook: voucher-time again.

But if there's no cancellation, the first-basic fare is unforgiving: no refund if you simply decide not to fly.

There is something in some A fare rules that allow a refund if you are refused a visa: this could cover you if you are non grata due to COVID restrictions covering your home country or your recent travel.
Thank you for the response.
Not interested in a voucher, rather go dispute road.
Just hope EU doesn't go quick with the voucher idea "everyone" wants to put into place.. (so insanely bad for customers)
I didn't accept my money to become a worthless voucher in case of "problems". They can probably do it for upcoming bookings but doing it retroactively can't be legal?

So Lufthansa has not cancelled the flights f.e FRA-EZE August 13? Even though they wont fly obviously.
So if, lets call him Frank has a flight to EZE from FRA on August 13. Can't he contact his CC provider and ask for a dispute/chargeback? And just show the statement released by Argentina that no flights will be allowed on his travel date? Even if Lufthansa hasn't cancelled the ticket?

Here is another theoretical scenario.
What would happen if ....

I were to make a dispute for the October trip, just making some things up.
According to the card companies, they will try to reach out to LH (who does not seem to respond to disputes at the moment) So after: 30 days (VISA), 48 days (MC), 7 days (Amex) I will get the money refunded because LH won't respond? Automatically. Case will be considered a win since they prob won't respond in time. This is just hypothetical and should be considered as 'fraud'. Even so, I am pretty curious what would happen if the flights later turn out to actually fly.
Will the money be drawn from my account again?

Last edited by Andaz; May 2, 2020 at 5:34 pm