FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HSBC Premier World MasterCard
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2020, 2:27 pm
JHake10

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Dream of Flying
Just received Premier Checking sub ($750). I have been doing monthly $5000 DD (real one, from employer) to HSBC but not convinced that I want to continue long term. (Besides, I was pleasantly surprised to find out employer DD is very “nimble” and should bode well for future checking account subs ).

So now debating if I should move $75K to be parked at HSBC Direct Savings to keep Premier status. HSBC MasterCards are not as good as BoA cards, at least not for my expenses. SUBs are ok, but will take up 5/24 slots. No Biz cards as far as I can tell. The decrease in APY isn’t surprising but still nudging me to the other direction a little more.

Hgrrr
HSBC Premier seemed to be the best option for me. The 5K direct deposit waiver is solid compared to other banks. I like the no fees on wire transfer (that’s how I move money to my brokerage since it’s free and fast). Other things like no fees on bank checks are nice too. Other accounts with these features often require more money. I know Sapphire Banking and Citi Gold all have some what high minimums.

The one thing I think they’re missing is no ATMs fees international. However, this is a decent trade off since there are HSBC ATMs in many countries anyway.