FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Passenger Facial Cover / Mask Use Policy 2020 (Inc. changes)
Old May 1, 2020, 10:59 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by remedy
This may be their excuse to stop serving food or drink during flights entirely!
I mostly only fly long haul, minimum 4,500 miles for the most part, usually closer to 6,500 miles, so I don't think it's realistic to expect they'll remove food and beverages from those flights. But certainly can see it on short flights. What pisses me off though is AA or (whichever carrier) passing that cost onto the passenger. Last time I was at JFK T2 in March (JL flight), all the vendors wanted near $5 for a single bottle of cola. This price gouging from airport vendors should have been banned back after 9/11 when liquids were banned through security, but that's another tread for another day. I think if AA stops service on board then they should have a cart in the boarding area selling drinks at/near cost. Or TSA could get their head out of the sand and get liquid screeners at the checkpoints like many other countries and allow passenger brought drinks into the airport.

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Yes but then will they allow people to bring on food and beverage? I do think one of the permanent features will be no beverage service in Y on sub 500 mile flights (maybe a cup of water) and no meals in F on flights under 2,200 miles.
Mainline carriers have never prevented people from bringing their own food and beverages onboard (well non-alcoholic beverages). That's an LCC thing. But if they aren't going to do any service then I'd certainly like to be allowed to open a few cans of beer (on longer flights) or bring my own mini-bottles of gin/vodka/whisky, whatever my taste is that day to make my own cocktail. If they do go that route, there has to be some give and take, a certain number of people still want to drink (adult beverages) when they fly.