FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will the BA / AA joint venture be broken up if Virgin goes bust?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:54 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Smile

Originally Posted by layz
I do take the speculation articles on HfP with a pinch of salt. .
I believe that is a key requirement when reading 'speculation', wherever it may be.

Originally Posted by layz
OK, I'm a little bitter that HfP decided to make the JavaScript workaround for refunds as a sticky on their site for weeks. If a relatively small number of people on sites like this knew about it BA would have probably left it alone but the prominence of the HfP article made it appear high in Google results for BA refunds at the time and meant BA had the incentive to work on blocking the workaround.
Have we mentioned BA Refund Helper in an article? No, so stop complaining :-) Do also please note that I am currently paying the full salaries, no furloughs, of 3 people whilst not paying myself, on income which is running 80% below usual.

We couldn't do the JFK thing today because we'd already pre-published 2/3rd of the Wednesday content early, during Tuesday, which left us slot-constrained today! Will probably run it tomorrow.

Early warning that there is an outstanding deal being launched tomorrow (subject to final confirmation) which I can't cover first thing but will drop in during the day. It will also cause much gnashing of teeth though.

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 29, 2020 at 10:01 am