FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If JetBlue changes the time of a flight, or cancels it, can we get a refund?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:27 am
tphuang

Originally Posted by DLSuites
The funny thing is, while you suggest that B6's flights are for the most part 15% full or greater, B6 comes out and announces that they want to make EVEN deeper cuts to major cities. Thats bad news. So, believe you or B6? Hmmm. I will believe B6. So, according to you, B6 is the only airline impervious to this and will bounce back the quickest AND buy up/lease gates at all the major, slot/gate constrained airports that the majors will flounder on. Seriously, I think you are very delusional. I appreciate your longing for everything B6 but you need to put things in realistic perspective. The last thing on the minds of the B6 execs is buying/leasing more gates when they cant even fill more than 5% of their own planes. Who's to say they are going to bounce back to EVEN need most of their OWN gates let alone those of the competitor. I think you have a lot of good things to say about the industry and all but you need to come back down to earth a bit with your 'blue is all' manta.
I don't see where I stated that B6 flight are for the most part 15% full or greater. I don't have data for that. How would I know what their LF is. Earnings report is coming out. We will get a better idea. B6 is making deeper cuts to some large cities precisely because they are getting very low LF to those places. I don't necessarily agree with every city they picked, but that's what they picked. The reality is the less they fly to these cities, the less money they burn. All of these measures are to cut flying and ensuring longer term survival.

As for the second part, it seems like you are entirely mischaracterizing my point. Please point out to where I said they are impervious to this. I just said 4 of their focus cities are going to get hammered coming of this. If you don't think B6 execs are thinking about the future and where things might open up, you are sadly mistaken. They are not just planning to cut costs and getting additional financing, but also how the airline will emerge from this. That's what every airline is doing right now. Their immediate future is in Boston and NYC and that's where they will put most of their eggs.

All the recent actions show that:
AA is dramatically reducing NYC/LA presence
DL is dramatically reducing BOS/CVG/RDU while retaining their position in SEA/LAX/NYC
UA is cutting back on coastal hubs
WN becoming more of a hub/spoke airline
F9 dramatically changing business plan to be more like NK
B6 cutting back on everything not NYC/Bos

I don't really understand what is so controversial about these positions.