FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will the BA / AA joint venture be broken up if Virgin goes bust?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:28 am
layz
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I do take the speculation articles on HfP with a pinch of salt. The best feature of the site is to provide a summary of the latest points news for people who don't have the time or the willingness to keep up to date via sites like this, but with the lack of interesting points news the quality of their content has gone down (what's the point of a daily chat thread when forums like this do it better?)

I'd have thought a points blog would have picked up the news on this forum that it's now possible to do RFS redemptions in Y on the LHR-JFK route, it'll probably appear in a few days!

OK, I'm a little bitter that HfP decided to make the JavaScript workaround for refunds as a sticky on their site for weeks. If a relatively small number of people on sites like this knew about it BA would have probably left it alone but the prominence of the HfP article made it appear high in Google results for BA refunds at the time and meant BA had the incentive to work on blocking the workaround.