FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impacts of UA's reduced schedule on Hawaiian travelers (CARES exemption granted)
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:30 pm
coloradotraveler

So if United was granted this thing from DOT about stopping service to LIH through September 30th, does that mean United should be contacting me about our nonstop award flight scheduled DEN-LIH-DEN July 21? Am I understanding that because of this from DOT, there's no sense in me waiting any longer to cancel our flight and start the process to get my 180,000 points put back in my account (which I'm actually assuming will go back into my United Explorer card, which is where I transferred our points into from Chase)? And speaking of getting those points back... if they are put back into my United Explorer card, does that mean these 180,000 points can only be used for future United flights? I just want to make sure I'm doing all the right things before I pull the plug on our vacation. I think if I'm understanding right, due to this DOT thing, UA will NOT be flying to LIH until at least Oct 1, correct? Thanks for any clarification.