FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:00 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
I’m on AS1022 SFO-JFK currently and there is no service in First. Not even a can of Diet Coke. They are only providing the mini bottles of water.

The FAs are sitting next to each other in First which seems odd. I know the new protocol of one in the jump seat and one in a passenger seat for distancing. However, both sitting together in F seems to be counterproductive.
Thanks for the report....since most of us are grounded for the time being, we're curious about the state of flying right now. I'm 100% for maintaining a maximum level of safety, but handing out unopened cans of Diet Coke while wearing gloves and a mask seems like a pretty reasonable expectation. There is far more potential for contamination when I grab my whopper and fries through the Burger King drive thru. I for one don't *need* to eat or drink on a one or two hour flight, but I certainly wouldn't board a cross-country flight without bringing my own drinks/snacks but as passenger loads increase, I'm picturing the sights, sounds, and smells of a mall food court....yikes. It's interesting how the inflight service reports are all over the board among airlines....I saw in the AA forum that AA is planning to add "snack bags" next month whatever that may be and there are reports of many flights on AA doing full beverage service in the F cabin.