FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If JetBlue changes the time of a flight, or cancels it, can we get a refund?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:59 am
DLSuites
Suspended

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
FWIW, Alaska has been around since 1932 and JetBlue since 1998. Given the fact that AS has been around four times as long as B6, it's hard to make the case that AS is dominating B6 at every level given that they've had 66 extra years to build the airline. I get that everyone likes to cheer on their favorites, but the reality is that AS and B6 will both survive COVID-19. Full stop. They are both well-run airlines that can tap the equity and bond markets for additional funding should it become necessary. Either or both make by weakened by the crisis, and you may see M&A activity in the space, but neither one is in danger of going out of business.
I never said AS is dominating B6 at every level. Please point out to where I said that. Your making things up and putting words into my mouth. I think that B6 is a really good airline but is very poorly run. I won't get into the specifics, but they are. If air travel is very slow to make a comeback, than all airlines will need to shrink; B6, AS, DL, UA, AA, etc. AS plus B6 would make a great merger. One has a very extensive west coat network and the other a very extensive east coast network. Combined, they could really do amazing things and become a legit big boy carrier. Those two airlines make the most sense to merge since there is very little overlap and they both have a lot in common. But, as far as names go, it would have to be AS.

Now, back to B6. TPHuang seems to think that B6 is impervious to COVID19 yet all other airlines will suffer miserably. I get it, he bleeds blue but it gets kind of sickening to read day in and day out. B6 has strengths and weaknesses. TPHaung needs to realize that it does in fact have weaknesses and its not all rosy and bloomy for B6.