FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Membership Year Extension To Achieve Status - When Do They Deduct The Tier Points?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:45 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheDinge
Just a random thought. If I am just short of renewal (say by one flight) and have a few flights (say two flights) within the grace period, can I do the following?

For one of the two flights, ask the ground agent to remove my BAEC number and fly without status. Once I have flown both flights ask for an override and credit the one flight to the previous year (at this point the agent can only see the credited one).

Once that's set, claim the missing avios and TPs for the other flights, so that it will count towards the fresh year.

Every little helps. It works perfectly in my head. Any idea?
When are you renewing? If it is April/May/June 2020 there are reduced thresholds in place and the eligible flight requirement has been waived COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

To answer your question flights do post according to the date when flown not the date claimed so it may be your trick won't work.