FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious Damage Claim
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:07 am
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Sounds like their car washing equipment probably damaged the windshield and they are attempting to blame you.

It is certainly possible there was a small chip in there that grew exponentially a few hours after you returned the vehicle... it is also possible pigs can fly.

This is a bogus claim.

Any idea if there were cameras in the return area recording the return transaction? I'd like to have them pull that tape to prove it was cracked when you returned it.

Given how many staff they've laid off you'd think the people who are left would be ethical and honest and glad to not have been laid off. Very sad.

Also those "close up photos" you were provided- is there anything on those photos that even proves this was the vehicle you rented?
The photos do indicate it was the car I drove. It was a relatively rare/high-end car, and the National ID sticker on the windshield is visible.

The photo of the "crack" show no impact or origin point. It almost looks like a scratch going horizontally across the glass. Very likely from car washing equipment. The photos show a wet windshield and it wasn't raining at the time of drop off and I dropped it off inside a garage.

I'll ask around, but there are very likely no cameras close enough to prove the crack did/didn't exist. This is a large garage shared by a half-dozen rental agencies.