FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice/opinions on last min canceled return ticket
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:16 pm
Shoredreamer

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Again I apologize for the length..was trying to include everything so as to avoid being unclear requiring further info and then had to quickly finish and didn’t want to lose it so just sent it off.

The last reply indicates something about my being offered a flight. While yes, I was technically offered a flight “when they resume flights” which I highly doubt will even fly and obviously keeps changing and getting postponed etc and while at the moment SAS thinks they will supposedly fly in a couple of weeks, I suspect will be postponed anyway as it’s quite doubtful the US will be opening borders for travel within the next couple of weeks so realistically speaking is that even a viable option and/or fair to expect me to stay even longer (continuing to incur expenses in so doing) until they decide when they will actually fly again? I suspect it won’t be for at minimum another month or more. The expense of staying would be equal if not more than the ticket I had to purchase if I am to get home. I waited for SAS, doing exactly as instructed, until SAS told me otherwise. Already stayed longer than planned incurring a lot of additional expense but I do certainly thank you for & appreciate your opinion as that is what I am looking for. Sounds like it is also your opinion that it is pointless for me to try to pursue any further compensation either.

No offense but think I’m liking the other responses/opinions thus far a bit better lol in giving me at least some hope suggesting it may be worth an attempt to recover but certainly don’t want to waste a great deal of my time explaining things like this, spinning my wheels, getting frustrated etc either hence why I am seeking these opinions/advice