FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not Resuming Flights to PUJ on June 28...
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:00 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
So yeah... the carrier's own website (www.southwest.com) says flights cancelled through June 28. The reservation still exists in my account, but clicking it says it's already been cancelled. I was given no option to move this reservation and have received no proactive communication from SW, this is just something I discovered on my own.. What gives?
The advice likely meant to use the booking system to still see if flight is bookable (rather than looking at schedule change press releases which haven't kept up with the pace of cancellations). Some airline sites let you look up flight status well in advance, but WN's status check only allows you to look one day ahead so you have to rely on the booking page. If flight is not showing at all in flight listings, it's safe to assume it's been cancelled. If shows up, but says "Unavailable", it means they are very likely in the process of cancelling it and have zeroed out all the inventory buckets so no new tickets can be purchased on it. Unfortunately, until it is officially cancelled they won't provide a refund.