FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA at FRA – Bad UA and Good UA Employees and Good Security Person Thank You's
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:57 am
FLYMSY

Originally Posted by nola1
Hello Folks:

I was trying to say to UA that the staffing situation at FRA before the COVID issues was poor leading to a bad customer experience.
The hope is that things might change for the better in the future (agree, my Rose colored glasses are on). However, having employees empowered to effectively assist customers is a proper expectation in my view.

I am trying to thank the UA Supervisor who actually assisted me. I think it proper to add my note to his personnel file. How else to say a proper thank you to this person so that his boss will be aware of his great service? Is there someone at UA (at FRA or Corporate Offices in the US) to pass this on to directly?

I am trying to thank the ICTS security agent who also deserves a "Gold Star" for going out of her way to assist me. I think it proper to add my note to her personnel file. I have no idea how to contact ICTS at FRA so her boss will be aware of her invaluable assistance. I hope she still has a job under current COVID circumstances.

Unfortunately, I am tardy in not having written this 3 months ago. No idea about UA functionality at FRA currently, nor ICTS at FRA.
Apologies if names are not supposed to be used in the Forum, but how else to identify folks to compliment them?
If someone at UA is reading this, please let me know if there is a more effective means to proceed.
Further suggestions appreciated. Thank you all in advance
From NOLA with love
The process for sending a compliment for the UA supervisor is actually quite simple. Send an e-mail to UA customer service complimenting the individual, by name. Request that the individual be given a copy of your e-mail. Customer Service will then forward your e-mail to the individual’s supervisor and to the individual. Your e-mail will also be put in the individual’s personnel file. I know that this is how it works because I’ve done thisMANY times. I’ve had many FAs thank me on subsequent flights. It’ll work the same for your supervisor friend. BTW, since the purpose of the note is to compliment, only briefly, if at all, mention the unpleasantness. If so inclined, you can deal with that in a separate e-mail to United.

As far as the ICTS person in Frankfurt, you’ll have to figure out how to contact ICTS or FRA about this person. Don’t involve United in this matter, it’s not their bailiwick.