FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles for Medics
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:33 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I'm a greek medic in the UK, currently off with COVID I contracted from work, more than happy to have miles or avios donated
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
The post above was a joke. I just donated to University Hospital of Ioannina, my alma atter. Please donate there or to Evangelismos
From someone based in the UK, thank you for everything you’re doing, and for the personal sacrifices you and your colleagues in the UK NHS are making - sadly sometimes the absolute highest one. Obviously my thoughts are with you and I hope you recover quickly.

I’ll put my mod hat on now to say this isn’t a competition - not between each other and not between countries. It’s not particularly helpful to try and shame or chastise anyone. Not everyone has a massive miles balance, and not everyone can afford to give large amounts - even within a community that’s likely relatively wealthy. Some will already have donated in other countries where appeals were launched earlier. For this reason, some of the worst post examples have been removed.

Let’s instead celebrate A3’s generous offer and be thankful to those who have given in whatever way, wherever in the world they are.