FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Economy Web Special" Award (dynamic price, fewer miles, more restrictions Oct 2018)
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:53 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I have a transatlantic web special (JFK-CDG) before the flight is reinstated. AA has not budged on rebooking on BA due to this being a web special - I did reference that even basic economy tickets would permit rebooking on a JV partner in this case. Anyone have experience whether this has been possible?

I am thinking of asking for JFK-LHR since that would still be an AA prime flight (and within a 300 mile radius, if that matters) but wanted to ask here first and keep that as a last resort.
You can try HUCA a few times to see if an agent will put you on JFK-LHR-CDG. Phone agents have the capability to rebook web specials now, but when you call don't even mention anything about it being a web special.

When is your flight, and what did AA offer as a rebooking option when you first called?

If AA is serving CDG by that point from somewhere (PHL, DFW?) then you could also ask for NYC-XXX-CDG all on AA, should be an easy switch. Alternatively JFK-LHR should be fine too, etc.