FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contacting Thai Airways
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:34 am
MV Owner

Originally Posted by andyptrav
I doubt very much economy was full, I considered booking the very last TG BKK - LHR flight and this was far from full in all classes.
Why did you not take a walk through economy during the flight?
Maybe the Hotel rep called an agent, A lot more commission to split on a business class seat. Check who your credit card payment was in favour of.

In any event I very much doubt your insurance company will pay when other airlines were available e.g. EVA and Qatar, both still flying.
You may doubt it was full but you are wrong and the time of booking was 8 hours after the UK FCO said all brits abroad to return home so there was a valid reason for it to be full. I was told when I booked it that it was full, it was full when I got on the plane and I walked through the economy cabin on the flight and it was full and business class was full as well. The hotel rep who I trust called the airline directly and it was booked with Thai airways directly. Im confident they will pay out and pay out for business class. Eva had cancelled 2 out of 3 flights over the next 3 days