FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2020]
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:19 am
Dyce

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by Boghopper
I think my wife got a couple of cpus cleared in advance earlier this year, but I could be wrong, And as always ymmv.
my point was that it is posted that a CPU can clear up to 120 hours before departure. If it doesn’t clear in these circumstances (less pax than F seats, so why hasn’t it) for a GS then my conclusion was GS isn’t exactly a level of service that is enticing me to keep my spend with them.

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Do you really mean this? You're a Houston based GS, who will spend 72K this year, but you're willing to hop off that treadmill at the half-way point because UA won't guarantee you GS in 2021 -- even though the historic GS threshold is $50K. Really??
yes, I do. In the new normal airlines are going to have fewer direct flights, and I doubt United will be bringing back anything to Europe out of IAH anytime soon. I’m already qualified for 1K, so depending on what happens later in the year (most of us have no idea when we’ll start flying again on OPM), I am of the mindset to be a free agent taking the best routing, and gaining high status on (probably) Delta. Not saying I won’t ever fly United (direct UAL flights IAH to SYD, SCL, and GRU will all be flown if they return) but my post was about how they treat us, not whether I think I’ll qualify or not.

the majority of my spend is international business... my point is I get treated better in international business on (most) other airlines than I do as a GS flying international business on United. Choosing a different airline based on better service doesn’t make me an “entitled GS” in fact I’m wondering why I didn’t make this decision before.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 17, 2020 at 10:26 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member