FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Email - We've Processed Your Cancellation
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:15 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by litefoot
Only thing, I didn't cancel the flight. Received an email about 30 mins ago, my international flight was canceled. The ticket was purchased at the beginning of the year. Below is the message. Was going to cancel the flight as the trip was canceled, just couldn't decide whether to request ETC, Flight Credit or wait for reimbursement. Not sure what to do. I think I may have Flight Credit. This isn't normal procedure is it for United to cancel without my initiating the process is it?

We've Processed Your Cancellation
Since your travel plans have changed, here's what to do next. Please keep this email receipt and your confirmation number. You may have flight credit — it depends on when you booked and the rules around your ticket. Make sure you see our Important notices page for the latest information on travel flexibility, restrictions, and your ticket, as situations are changing due to coronavirus.

If you have a flight credit, you'll need the confirmation number from this email when you're ready to travel again. Just enter the confirmation number on My Trips. Change fees may apply unless you qualify for a change fee waiver.
Did you call to discuss your options with an agent? Last time I did that, the agent cancelled my flight after we hung up and I received the "we've processed" email shortly after.