FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2020]
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:26 pm
spartacusmcfly

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Dyce
just my two cents... if later in the year I take a status match on Delta 360 or AA, I’ll lock in for 2021, but if I stick with United I _might_ get GS renewed??? United’s silence makes me an immediate free agent, and I’m at $22K spend for the year with $30K cancelled travel. Assuming I’m back in the air by September I’ll have approx $50K additional spend in 2020... money I’d gladly give United if they show me they value my business...
Do you really mean this? You're a Houston based GS, who will spend 72K this year, but you're willing to hop off that treadmill at the half-way point because UA won't guarantee you GS in 2021 -- even though the historic GS threshold is $50K. Really?

Originally Posted by Dyce
..and not to change the thread, but I’m flying on a 175 on Monday... every F seat is open, 10 total pax, but my CPU hasn’t cleared yet! I fully expect it will, but don’t forget GS isn’t that brilliant to begin with!
Again, really? You do realize there are massive IT systems that govern time-based upgrades. Yes, the decisions these systems make may seem unnecessarily delayed when flight loads are averaging 10%, but do you really expect UA to just turn off these systems and hand out abaci to their IT staff so they can upgrade you a few days early?