FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL758 from Panama still operational - how to book?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 5:53 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by PaulSZ
They shut down all civil flights on March 22 or 23 (can't remember the exact date). After this they implemented presidential decrees banning more than 90% of the population from work, impoverishing most. They implemented a total prohibition on alcohol and most basic goods so the organized crime is flourishing. First lootings happened. Human rights situation is worsening. Panama is no longer a safe place to stay.
omg !! and i thought Noriega's style was over , i was wrong . It's sad to see the country going backwards again

the few land border crossings are closed. Civil maritime traffic is illegal, too.
so the canal even is closed ??? Cause if this happen US troops will invade the country within few hours

tOur embassy does not support us, since we are residents
if you are EU citizen then stay in touch with other EU citizens to see if their embassies organise something

Otherwise try to reach aruba by sea but it probably won't be in a legal way . I won't recommend you to fo to colombia by yourself as a "refugee" , so you are out of options , cause the closest big airport , SJO is also closed for international traffic as far as i know

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 16, 2020 at 5:58 am