FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on itinerary....
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:38 pm
Hawes7701

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Your trip sounds really fun!

I've been to all those islands, multiple times, and I enjoyed the Big Island the least. The volcanos are cool but there is very little else on the island that isn't already there and much better on the other islands. This is just my opinion . . . many people love the Big Island.

My favorites are Maui and Kauai. So much to see and do on both. If it were my trip I would do a quick day trip to the Big Island to see the volcanoes, just flying from HNL to Hilo, see the volcanoes (or maybe do a quick overnight) and then I'd split that time between Maui and Kauai.

Oahu has the Polynesian cultural center which is very cool so I would definitely recommend going to that and having dinner and seeing the show. I also love the little towns that dot the north shore and the big wave surfing that goes on there.

I could go on and on about Maui and Kauai . . . please let me know if you want specific suggestions.

Have an AMAZING trip!
many thanks for your thoughts and to be honest, even without them I was coming round to the idea of missing big island...... this time. This in part is down to the fact it doesn’t seem like there is any visible lava on the volcano at the moment and knowing my daughter, it would just be seen as a big hill without the lava bit.

ok - so, if this becomes the plan, and I have 8 days or so on Maui and Kauai, would you recommend have two locations per island?

Thanks again and welcome any other thoughts
​​​​​​​