FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points expiration in times of COVID19
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:40 am
urww

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Well... looks like no good options are on the table, only bad ones. I do agree with others it's totally pathetic. I mean being so pettifogging with not pausing points expiration is bad enough (and the optics of such move! basically every other major program minus LH did so). Then to add insult to injury they severely limited options to spend points. Tricksters. They're not ashamed to basically take advantage of the situation and do fast track liability reduction within EuroBonus.

I couldn't find how to write in. Contact Us has only phone numbers listed and a couple of non relevant emails for US market. I called US and SE numbers - never got through. Then I called Russian phone number (one has to wonder why they still have one), no wait, talked to a pretty nice lady who advised no policy in place and suggested to call back in a month.

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
No. I have a friend who got extension on points used for an Award flights which were canceled.
Would be a go to option if nothing better pops up by the end of May - booking an award and hoping the flight would get cancelled.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They do allow for one rebooking with expired points. Which they normally don't.
At least something, but that would apply only to SAS flights as you can't book any Star Alliance flights at the moment.
​​​​​