FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long for refunds to be processed
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:53 am
Confus

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, apologies the question was a little blunt and straight to the point - which is sometimes my style!

The only reason I ask is that I was told something very different when I was rebooking using some voucher the other day, my report is in the other thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32281591-post125.html

It may be what Confus is reporting is the policy, but if it isn't I wouldn't want anyone to start going down a route which doesn't results in the outcome they want.
I understand the scepticism, and would add that as this is very new it could be that in your haste to be FT’s perpetual guinea pig your experience was handled by someone who doesn’t yet fully understand the policy or its implementation.

However, that policy is very clear. And conveniently available to all via the BA Travel Trade website. For obvious reasons the direct one will be almost identical.

Originally Posted by BA Travel Trade instructions
If the new ticket value is less than the original fare purchased, the residual value can be issued on an EMD to be redeemed on future travel on British Airways. Please refer to your GDS for EMD entries. Some GDS might have limited functionality and we are working with them to implement a solution or provide an alternative. We will issue an update as soon as it is available.
o This EMD can only be used as payment towards future transportation not any ancillary service
o The EMD validity will be 12 months from date of issue
o Change fee will need to manually be removed for those bookings ticketed
prior to 3rd March 2020.