FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles Still Expire at 6 Months of No Activity??
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:42 am
myleguy

Originally Posted by NJRob
Hi fellow Frontier flyers...I just got off the phone with an agent to obtain a refund for a now convoluted trip in early June. TBH, I was just taking it to keep my miles alive, so I asked the agent if Frontier has plans to extend the ridiculous 6 month activity "accrue or lose em" policy on their miles. I was put on hold for ages, and she came back with a big fat NOPE! According to her, F9 still has the rule in place, not even earning hotel stay miles will keep your account intact. She stated other than the Barclays Mastercard (which I do not want), you can "buy" points on Points.com. I told her one does not buy points there, but trades them from other programs... Anyway, does anyone have any other info on the status of our accounts? Six months was pretty laughable when times were good, but now?? I can't believe F9 will keep this boneheaded rule in place, further ticking their "best" customers off. BTW, I have ~40k miles set to expire on June 28, 2020 unless they relax the requirement.
You definitely can buy miles to extend your account. The current cost is $25 for 1,000 miles. There is a 50% bonus for 2,000 or more miles purchased. Frontier, like many airlines, uses points.com for mileage purchase.