FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:23 am
FlyingSloth

Angry

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
If Delta actually cancelled the flight and it is not operating or there is no reasonable alternative within 90 minutes, you can get a refund. If you just decide not to travel, but the flight is still operating, then you will only get an ecredit. Credits can be used in increments to buy multiple tickets in the original passengers name. I think you can only initiate a credit card charge back if the original charge is within 60 or 90 days (not sure which)
In my case, and probably others, I can not take the flight not because I don't want to.. I want to take the flight that I booked in early March. The issue is that it is physically impossible to get to the location as there are no flights there.. and another problem is entry is also banned now in Japan.. there's no way to enter and transit hotels at the airport are closed.. so there's no where to sleep even if there were flights to get there in the first place from here. It's a really crap situation, and seems like a situation where Delta and other airlines should be more flexible in giving refunds.

It's good to hear the e-credit can be used to book multiple flights, though it would also be more helpful to get the refund, so I can actually use those funds to book a flight that would work given the situation.