FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old Apr 10, 2020, 8:55 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by theskiguy
Apologies if this one has already been dealt with but looking for some advice. Silver card holder and membership year ended 8th March. I was on 520 TP’s when they reset. I had travel booked, but subsequently cancelled through the next 14 days which was going to comfortably take me over the 600 renewal threshold and I intended to call in and request the usual extension privileges granted for a ‘near miss’ within 2 weeks. The reduced level thresholds for silver look like they have only been offered up for April-June year ends. Any suggestions? I work in travel so know the pressure the teams will be under and don’t want to clog the call centre up with a needless query at this time, though equally keen to remedy if I can. Any suggestions?
In March they were offering "a case by case review" to those who fell short of the thresholds. There was some discussion in the forum about this, but very few specific examples came forward. It may be worth sending a letter or webform listing the booked-cancelled flights to see if they would do something now. It may be that they will make it easier for you to regain Silver in the 2020-2021 year, but at the moment we are in the land of speculation.