FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:00 pm
rylan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xeno
I finally got confirmation that the global conference in SYD was cancelled due to the pandemic. They are moving to July 2021 and I have a conflict with their new dates.
I called DL. The agent said I should hope for a schedule change so I could get a refund. The agent actually said I should wait until the last minute for a 90 minute change which means I would be putting $4.1K at risk since I could not spin around and go to another destination.
In the meantime, he thought the only options were to credit the new money (3/1/20) and get a time stamped e-credit minus a change fee for the original ticket.
I know HUCA, but should I insist on talking to an international DL agent? I could use the refund, but at the very least do not want an e-credit that must be used by 8/20.
I thought DL is extending and issuing credits good for up to two more years, so even if you can only get a credit you'll have plenty of time to use.
All applicable eCredits will be automatically extended to May 2022 so there’s no action needed on your part. We are actively working on a solution to display the new expiration dates in all the places you can find your eCredits on delta.com. So even if your eCredit for canceled travel has not yet been processed or extended, or is temporarily displaying incorrectly, there is no need to call. Rest assured your flight value is secure through May 2022 and will be ready to redeem online when you need it.