FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:13 am
HoyaSFOIAD

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boghopper
sorry, don’t buy the “oh poor precious executives” routine. They are perfectly capable of acting on, and understanding, their self interest, What part of “aviate, navigate, communicate” includes a giant giveaway for 1k and below and nothing otherwise? If things are so scary and uncertain how could they have possibly made such a momentus decision? The answer is that they are red in tooth and claw and not concerned at all about the quotidian concerns of mere mortals. The decision they already made has far larger implications than for what others have said is a mere 5% of their revenue. Their contempt is clear, and no surprise now that Kirby is at the helm. The “communicate” part of your rubric could be a simple message to gs members telling them that they value their business in their uncertain times blah blah blah. The fact that they can’t even bring themselves to spout the usual corporate pablum speaks volumes. We self loading cargo are completely captive to the genius of their route network. Or so says master Kirby, my guess is that gs has a big haircut coming. Whether that’s good for the business is not to be comprehended by mere mortals like me, but I’ll be telling people who would qualify for gs to hedge their bets and qualify for top tier in two programs rather than bother with gs. If gs sticks around and is worth having there’s always the usual status challenge early next year.

who’s taking bets on whether MP gets “kirbyized”? Never waste a good crisis. In the new world order HVFs are the ones who get conned into paying for priority security AND priority boarding AND checked bags AND seat selection. Ancillary revenue is the new El Dorado.
Perhaps you’re a little more fired up about this than I am, which is understandable in current times. Looks like we’re going to have to agree to disagree here - although only partially, I do agree with you, as I noted, that some form of acknowledgement to GS would have been nice. Also, I don’t know who’s routine you are referring to in the “poor executives routine” comment, but it sure a heck isn’t mine.