FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:26 am
layz
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Scotflyer80
BA were advised on 26th March by the airports management of the intention to restrict the hours of operation from 30th March. From 30th March the airports daily hours of operation were reduced from 24 down to just 4 with flights restricted to operate between 0800-1200 daily. ATC, Airfield Ops, Ground Handling and Terminal Facilities all operate during the restricted hours. Airlines operating at NCL are restricted to the same operational times. The airport and ATC is now closed daily at 1201-0759 daily. The restricted hours are planned to continue to at least early May.
Thanks for this. I had read the following on the NCL website:
Newcastle International Airport is open and fully operational. However, due to the Government's travel restriction advice many flights have been cancelled. We encourage any passengers with questions regarding travel advice to follow guidance given by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or to contact their airline.
That was in the Covid FAQ section, I hadn't noticed this in the main text above the FAQ. I guess it's difficult for the airports to keep things up to date in all places.
In response to the reduced flying schedule, we have temporarily reduced the airfield's hours of operation, although this is being reviewed regularly.
It's the same yesterday when I looked at the LHR website. It mentioned T3 and 4 will close over the coming weeks but the FAQ said all terminals were remaining open.