FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bought a ticket two weeks ago for May/June travel, do I have to get a voucher?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:08 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonfog
I tried to change the date in MMB all I get is a message to say that I have to call my local BA office (i.e. UK call centre). The booking was made in mid-March when BA was busy saying that the dates could be changed at any time. It is a flight LGW-VCE and I just want to change the date to June, do I just wait for it to be canceled as well? They seem to have canceled flights from LHR in may but not Gatwick
Ah ok. Was there any complication with the booking? You booked direct with BA? Did you take a POUG or do a previous change? Those things may prevent online changes. I think if it is not playing ball online you can phone to change. There shouldn't be any change fee to pay, but you would have to pay the fare difference if there is one.

Alternatively as you note, you could wait until it's cancelled - it probably will be although there is a possibility it won't be - and then get a full refund.