Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bought a ticket two weeks ago for May/June travel, do I have to get a voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold

I booked a ticket ten days ago for May/June travel. I received an e-mail on how to get a voucher. I thought we could also change the date of travel without a problem, without going through the 'voucher' step. I want to hold on my reservation for a while longer to have a better idea when it will be possible to travel to Italy (I used to go once a month), will I be able to do so and still change the date when I need it?

I might have misunderstood but, somehow, I smell a rat
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonfog
I want to hold on my reservation for a while longer to have a better idea when it will be possible to travel to Italy (I used to go once a month), will I be able to do so and still change the date when I need it?
Are your flights cancelled? If so you can just get a full refund.

You can change the date and no change fee would be charged. Any fare difference would be charged though.

Alternatively you can apply for a future travel voucher, so a voucher for the value of what you paid to use towards a future booking you make.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Flight not canceled (or not canceled yet), I just got an e-mail that has a link for a voucher but not a link to change date
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:18 am

Flight not canceled (or not canceled yet), I just got an e-mail that has a link for a voucher but not a link to change date
you can just change the date in MMB if and when you want to do that.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Great, thank you
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

I tried to change the date in MMB all I get is a message to say that I have to call my local BA office (i.e. UK call centre). The booking was made in mid-March when BA was busy saying that the dates could be changed at any time. It is a flight LGW-VCE and I just want to change the date to June, do I just wait for it to be canceled as well? They seem to have canceled flights from LHR in may but not Gatwick
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:08 am

I tried to change the date in MMB all I get is a message to say that I have to call my local BA office (i.e. UK call centre). The booking was made in mid-March when BA was busy saying that the dates could be changed at any time. It is a flight LGW-VCE and I just want to change the date to June, do I just wait for it to be canceled as well? They seem to have canceled flights from LHR in may but not Gatwick
Ah ok. Was there any complication with the booking? You booked direct with BA? Did you take a POUG or do a previous change? Those things may prevent online changes. I think if it is not playing ball online you can phone to change. There shouldn't be any change fee to pay, but you would have to pay the fare difference if there is one.

Alternatively as you note, you could wait until it's cancelled - it probably will be although there is a possibility it won't be - and then get a full refund.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Ah ok. Was there any complication with the booking? You booked direct with BA? Did you take a POUG or do a previous change? Those things may prevent online changes. I think if it is not playing ball online you can phone to change. There shouldn't be any change fee to pay, but you would have to pay the fare difference if there is one.

Alternatively as you note, you could wait until it's canceled - it probably will be although there is a possibility it won't be - and then get a full refund.
Thank you, now it adds up. I originally had a LHR-VCE//BLQ-LHR booking then when the LHR-VCE was canceled I booked a LGW-VCE on the same date, that was before they closed Gatwick and before it was obvious to me that June would have been a safer bet. So, no I either wait until they cancel LGW-VCE or call-in. Will check the fares for the new date first and then decide what to do.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
As it's likely the flight will be cancelled, just wait until it is cancelled then you have more flexibility about moving your flight (i.e. you don't have to pay a change fee). If you move now you may have to pay a fare difference if the fare is more expensive than what you booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.