FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:41 pm
CarletonSloth

Programs: United 1K (GS Refugee), Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Avis Chairman's Club
Communication is my today annoyance

I get the GS Overlords don't know what the situation will be in a few months and want to keep their options open for GS qualification. Fine. But my son who is a silver member got a lengthy email outlining the situation, what United is doing, their approach, how important his business is. I got zip. It shouldn't take any of us here having to email United and hoping for a response. Communicate transparently and say that you aren't extending GS at this time but you love me (well, at the money I spend). An email like that would have alleviated the negative feelings I have toward United right now on this issue. Pretty simple way to better treat your most valuable customers.

For me, being off the road for a couple months has me re-assessing anyway. After 22 years of traveling almost every week somewhere, might be time to hang it up and stop chasing the next mile...