FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points expiration in times of COVID19
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:39 am
LouPapy

Originally Posted by urww
I've got a decent amount of points due to expire on 31/05/20 (more than 26K). While other programs put miles/points expiration on hold I couldn't find anything in communications from SAS. Has anyone heard something? If no blank policy maybe they would agree to extend validity on request? At the same time I feel like I might not be getting a response from them before 31/05/20.

To add insult to injury SAS discontinued Star Alliance awards online booking engine.

What's the best course of actions?
I got 30k point which expired end of March (from a total 70k). I was going to spend the whole lot in the Eurobonus shop but they cap spending to 5k/week due to Coronavirus and let's face it for 5k you can only get rubbish. As I had received email from other airlines saying they will freeze expiration of points, I was hoping SAS would do the same. But They didn't. After my point expired, I contacted them to tell them that it was not really fair as I couldn't spend my point due to their 5k/wk restrictions. They replied rather rudely that I had 4years to spend them. And that expired point cannot be recovered as they couldn't change the rule. Well the rule doesn't say they'll put a restriction to 5k, but they did. So they're willing to change it only when it goes their way.
I'm not to please with them right now
Anyway you should start spending now before it's too late